Sabado, Setyembre 13, 2014

The reason why I will be a Science Teacher

Character Sketch of my Favorite Teacher
as per requirement in one of my field study

My mind is very tortured of essays, reflection, research papers and thesis. I actually have my next entry for the month of September and my 19th birthday celebrations but I need to refill my English grammar and fill my mind with words for a post. I am not yet ready

For my post today, It is all about my Biology teacher 6 years ago. She is the reason why I take Biological Science as my course.

Please excuse my words as if I really lack of sleep for consecutive days and I gradually lost my words and ideas because of bulk of essays.. Wahahaha


her photo
(c) to her Facebook account. To somebody who tagged her in this photo, Credits po.

*Dual purpose na yung paggawa ko nito. If someday, Maam Neri, you see this post. Yes po Maam, Its true. 
Our task is to give and introduction and 3 attributes to your favorite teacher. This is an essay-reflection so less photos na to. Eto na to.

Give your best in anything you do” This is my holding principle that was imparted on my mind when I met this Science teacher in my high school years. She is Ms. Neri Dungca from Pampanga High School, a Biology teacher and my class adviser during my second year in high school. She is the most authoritative teacher I’ve met; she is the most resourceful teacher I observed and definitely the best teacher in my entire education. She became my passport in the field of education where she influence me most to be what he is. I will join the queue of different science teacher because of his passion and perseverance to teach students.
Authoritative, This maybe the first thing that you will hear when you say her name to his/her students, being strict and disciplinary especially to her advisee. The disciplinary measures I feel in her class impressed me most. The way she talk to his students, the way they solved problems and conflict and doing something for the betterment of his students, that will be my most memorable part of my high school life. I told myself once; I want to be like her soon. This disciplinary action became a positive criticism to all students where they are inspired to study and do their best every time. Definitely, she became a huge part of my problem-solving skills.
Resourcefulness, I remember back then that multimedia projector and OHP are not yet famous or used in the classroom. Traditional instructional materials are really a challenged for teachers in teaching science with photographs. What this teacher did is, she connect the computer to the television for us to experience digitalized instructional material and technology advanced in that time. We saw videos and graphics that were not seen by other students. Laboratory equipment’s and apparatus are not really used in the school but she is always trying to make sure that we will not be outcast from other sections.
Sense of humor, maybe majority of the teacher has their own way of giving joy and happy in class. Each teacher has their unique way of delivering lessons with humor so that students will be interested. This teacher successfully balanced the seriousness at the same time the joy and happiness we feel in her class. I believed sense of humor is not simply making students smile, but the main reason why we poke jowks is for them to be part of teaching and learning process.
One of my teacher once said, the only way that you will know that you did better in teaching is, when your students 5 years ago will come and say, “I will not be in this profession but because of you” I believe that life has its own way of revealing what’s really destined for you, I never imagine being a teacher standing in front of the students, talking for consecutive hours each day and even working without a well-ventilated room. When I was a child and ask me what do I want to be when I grow up, I will say, I want to be in the profession where my name will add the letters of “Dr.” I don’t care what will be my field but when I saw that letters on my name, that will be time that I can say I achieve my goals. I believe that God-almighty have a purpose for placing me in this field not only a purpose but a mission with a huge responsibility where I will do my best to be like this teacher. For a final say, I am Congratulating my teacher, Ms Neri Dunca for a Job-well-done, “I will not be who I am today but because of you.” 

Thank you!!! 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento