Sabado, Enero 23, 2016

A YEAR AFTER Mercy and Compassion:Papal Visit 2015

A year after the Papal Visit in the Philippines.

I was not given the opportunity to blog this a year ago because of the Practice Teaching right after the Papal Visit is our Final Demo in a public school.

Andame kong reasons! Disclaimer pa more sa bawat post.

Months before the scheduled Papal Visit, I already ask my cousins from Manila that I want to go to the Concluding Mass. I actually want to be there days before the Mass but I have my classes and nobody will take over if I will be absent (Konsensya ko pa pag may napahamak sa mga studyante ko) What more interesting is, the Mayor even suspend the classes for us to watch the mass of the pope.

They agreed. The fact that 20 years ago is the last Papal Visit is enough reason to go to the mass and brave the possible 6 million crowd.

Good thing that we have a car during the mass. I can still remember the long queue of people lining up in LRT stations an a lot of passengers waiting for a taxi.

-All for one destination, the concluding mass.

Since majority of the roads near Luneta are closed, we parked the car near the LRT station of Carriedo. So Yes, from Carreido, We walked going to Luneta. It was not tiring as our fellow countrymen are also walking from one destination to Luneta. I think we are very lucky that we got a spot in that parking lot.

We brought the gray-thing that usually see in Luneta. I just can't believe the purpose of that gray-thing the entire journey.

taken mga 8 hours while in the rain


During the mass, the authority reminded everyone that bringing, monopods, umbrellas, bags (except clear bag so that authorities will not give an hard time checking each bags) and other usual things that prohibited to bring. The clear plastic bag even gave me a hard time to look for it. We should follow!

The road going to Luneta is very very difficult. Imagine the crowd during the feast of Nazareno, Ganun na ganun! "Sabi pa ng tita ko, Maghawak-hawak daw ng kamay para sama-sama pa rin even tho we are 6." and I think, it helps a lot! Hindi nga kame naghiwahiwalay. I can still remember, No need to walk! You will reach Luneta just by standing. Let the crowd push you or go with the flow. I also bid goodbye to my ever love shoes back then! Haha. So after we reach Luneta, We just found out that we enter the wrong entrance.

No choice, Kailangan nang umakyat sa mga fence. Please don't you dare ask for pictures. Imagine the 6 million crowd in Luneta. I am a bit afraid and pity because I saw a man who is on wheele chair. I really don't know what happened to him.

Thank God we reach Luneta. Sa Grandstand pala ang mass. Hindi na kame umasa na may space pa dun. People slept in Luneta. As we arrive, there are a lot of people who are lying on the grass. Andame pa naming nakatayo. Habang sila pahiga-higa lang. No choice ulit, Kailangan na humiga sa mga santan dun sa luneta. Wala nang space. Kala siguro nila picnik to and yes dinaganan namin ang mga santan sa Luneta. I can explain. Santan can grow easily. They can plant this again and again. -"Nag-explain ka pa talaga"






After 1 hour., 9 hours pa before the mass. The rain poured. Remember, Umbrellas are prohibited and the only one left to us is the gray-thing. Dun na kame sumilong. Yun na ang ginawa naming payong. The good thing is, everybody stand and those who do not have space ay nagkaroon.

The rain did not stop.





Andami nang linalameg. Andami nang nawawalan ng malay. Sobrang dumi na nag mga portalet. Walang mabilhang food. We only have the chocolates and biscuits.

I honestly don't know what happened to us already in the next few hours. An hour before the mass, Lamig na lamig na kame. May umihi na sa shorts. Wala nang kumakain-mahirap ang C.R. and guess what, hindi pa on-the-way si pope.

Before the mass, they honor the feast of Sto. Nino. That moment that we decided to go pa ng mas malapit sa grandstand. Dun kame pumwesto near the flag pole sa luneta. Kapit na kapit pa rin sa gray-thing na binili.





Thank God, Umalis na daw si Pope. Papunta na siya. Naka-babad na kame sa ulan ng 9 hours. Sobrang lamig na. Sobrang gutom na namin.

So before the mass, Umikot muna si Pope. Luckily, in our place, malapit siya sa daan. So dumaan si pope dun, Talon ng talon while the pope mobile is passing by. It so surreal. I saw Pope Francis. Kahit 0.02secs lang.

Nakakatawa lang, 10 hours mahigit akong silong ng silong sa gray-thing na yun nang hindi mabasa pero nung dumaan si pope, Nabasa ako nang tuluyan. Haha.

We did not ended the mass. Umuwi na kame. Lamig na lamig na si tita. Hindi niya na kaya. I cannot imagine also the crowd pag pauwi na.

Faith has been tested. Its just so hard to imagine that we was drenched to the rain for 10 hours and yet nobody from us got sick. From that experience, now I understand why people have so much sacrifice during feast day such as Nazareno and the like. I am very grateful to be part of that 6 million crowd in Luneta. I am so blessed. I only have one wish back then, and I believe that the spirit of that mass is still in me wherever I go or especially everytime I saw Luneta. Naaalala ko yung feeling na yun. I am looking forward for the next papal visit.








--A year after--

I actually don't have an idea if what is their feeling a year after. Its just so disappointing that even the Papal Visit a year ago is now used to have black propaganda or to use against other presidential candidates. I am not pro Duterte, anti Mar or vice versa. Who the hell will tell bad words to the Pope? I understand Duterte. He is referring to traffic not to the Pope. Election nga naman. Haaaay.

I hope in the more coming years, We all be strong in any calamity may come to us, We all be united in helping each other and to wholeheartedly promote and act Catholicism in each of everyone.

Thank you, People's Pope! Papa Francisco, Mahal nang Pilipino.


The only remaining thing I have this entire journey. A rosary I brought at Luneta.
(Tinago ko actually yung gray-thing, kaso hindi ko mahanap eh)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento