Sabado, Enero 21, 2017

SAGADA 2017: A guide to a Solo 2D1N Do-it-Yourself Travel


I decided to take a few days of leave from my schedule and go to Sagada on my own. I have a personal errands to run in Baguio and Sagada is a great opportunity to embark in a 2-days, 1 night Solo Sagada Tour.

So Yes, if you are looking for a Saturday and Sunday tour, Sagada is Possible.

Oo bes, Kayang-kaya din siyang i-solo!

It was Saturday morning when I woke up a little unusual in a transient home in Baguio. It was very cold, not the usual cold breeze I felt in my room. Little then I realized, I was in Baguio City! Haha I am still undecided if I will push through with my Sagada trip since 6 hours is not really a joke. So since all the opportunities are there, time and money. Go! So I woke up and take my usual coffee, I bought a cup noodles and mingle with co-guest in the transient. 

I leave the transient house before 8:00am to go in Dangwa Station. I took the cab and pay 45.00 from my transient. There is 8:30am trip however, only the center aisle seats are available. I decided to take the 9:30am trip and get a window seats instead. Please get the window seat. The view is breathtaking!





So upon entering the bus, Its not an air conditioned bus. you don't need it btw. I ask the ate in the counter how long it takes, (to wait chos*) she said 5-6 hours po. So I thought she is just exaggerated so that we won't expect anything, or for the traffic and all (traffic? Edsa to?) but she is right! 6 hours travel time from Baguio to Sagada. Its okay, I will just sleep the whole time! I was wrong. You can't even sleep to that 6 hours journey. The road is like a small intestine and you are the digested food.  So what I did is, I just enjoy the view! Super Breathtaking. I tell you, Kenon Road of Baguio is just a piece of cake and the road going to Sagada is the whole cake! My photos are not enough to explain how beautiful it is. Ang Ganda ng Pinas!






Things to Remember when going to Sagada:
  • Hindi lahat ng nag-saSagada, Humuhugot. Yung iba nagpapalamig lang, Wag kayong judgmental mga bes.
  • Use your Graduate School ID and ask for a discount. (Bring your registration just to make sure)
  • Nakakahilo bes ang daan papunta, parang bundok na walang hanggan! Sagad-ah talaga!
  • Without any prior booking, I got my room for 350.00 (I know it can go down to 250.00! Search ka lang bes)
  • Lahat ng sites dito sa Sagada, pinaghihirapan, Climb there, climb dun. Be ready physical mga bes!
  • Sobrang lamig sa Kiltepan, sobrang daming tao din. Mag-marlboro hills ka na lang para less crowd.
  • Wag kana mag shorts at dress, sobrang lamig! As in Super.
  • Yung guide namn sa kiltepan, we ask him if pwede niya kami i-tour. Okay lang nmn.
  • Pray harder mga bes sa sunrise, puro fog lang nakita ko!
  • If you’re alone like me, Wait patiently sa Tourist Center, Mag-abang ka ng kasama mo. I got 2 travel friends during my entire stay at Sagada. (Mg teh, Salamat sa pagpicture!)
  • Be ready lang sa food, medyo mahal. (Please don’t trust me on food reviews)
one of the stop over is a small market. Bakit nakabaon yung mga bowl sa Mt. Province?

Delicacies- I want to try that kutsinta but I don't want to take a risk. A tiyan ko!


Please keep that receipt. You need that in all tours you will do in Sagada.

Just tell Kuya on the Table that you're alone and wanted to join other groups. Okay na okay namn yun.


My real expenses in Sagada trip only. Baguio side trip is not included.
  • Bus from Dau to Baguio – P260.00
  • Victory Liner Terminal to Dangwa Station – P70.00 (approx lang based sa layo)
  • Bus from Baguio to Sagada – P180.00
  • Lunch at one of the Stop-over – P100.00
  • Hangging Coffins and Echo Valley tour – P67.00 (200/3 pax)
  • Necessity, Water, Coffee and Breakfast – P200.00 (noodles lang bes, noodles lang ng noodles)
  • Accommodation – P350.00
  • Kiltepan View Point Car P167.00 (500/ 3 pax)
  • Dinner – P100.00
  • Ref Magnet – P125.00
  • Bus from Sagada to Baguio – P180.00
  • Sagada Environmental Fee - P35.00
  • Lugaw at Gatorade sa Stop over- P75.00
  • Jeep going to Victory Liner – P9.00
  • Snacks lang sa 7/11 – P50.00
  • Bus from Baguio to Pampanga - P345.00 (hnd ako nakakuha ng discount)

Total- P2,314.00
So it can even go down if you're travelling in group. Don't hesitate to wait and join other groups. The tourist center is really a great help. Get the bus ticket going back to Pampanga. It's already fully booked when I got there and the queue for chance passengers is very long. In my case, I get the 4:30pm trip. So I should leave Sagada before 9:00am or else I will wait for so long for the next trip. Sakripisyo lang bes, Haha

The Episcopal Church of Saint Mary the Virgin





Sagada Walking Tour! (kung saan-saan lang mga bes!) 









Sagada Public Cemetery 
SALUTE to SAF44


Echo Valley Sagada, Mountain Province

Sige, Kayo lang bisita eh! Haha

Tagalan niyo pa mga bes, solohin niyo pa yan. Kayo lang gusto pa picture eh! Haha


I choose to be happy!


The Hanging Coffins of Sagada





Sagada Weaving 




Failed Sunrise in Kiltepan View Point

andaming tao bes,

pareho-pareho lang tayong nabigo! haha

Uwian na, pack up na.

sobrang lamig!

There is always a reason to go back! Babalik pa nmn ako! Haha

gusto ko sana papicture sa taas at sabihin kong top-loading pero ayoko ko kayong lokohin! Haha




they will never understand your path



Just because I’m alone doesn’t mean I’m lonely. There is something in Sagada that will heal your broken feelings! What I learned most is, we should never depend our happiness to other people. Magbebreak din ang mga nagyayakapan sa Kiltepan! Pareho lang kayong bigo na Makita ang sea of clouds.

I went there without any itinerary, plans or expectations either and yet I go back full of wisdom, happiness and learning experience as I now stand on my own and conquer my fears.

I went because I want to and because I can.

Finally, the man who can’t be move, naka move on na!

2 komento:

  1. Isang bagsakan na mga bes, send me a direct message me for the things not included on my post.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hi i just want to ask if saan ka nagstay sa Sagada?
    Thank You in advance..

    TumugonBurahin