Sabado, Agosto 6, 2016

Things to remember before enrolling in Graduate School

I just felt that I need to write a blogpost with my experience in Graduate School.

1. Choose carefully the right school for you. Because school is really a big thing here.
One thing I realize in my Graduate School is, I choose the right school for me. Tho I am traveling for 2 hours just to reach my school on the other hand, traveling all the way to Bulacan is not really hassle and polluted like in Manila. It fit the way I study, Less Pressure and Not really stressful.

Another thing that I really love about my school is, It is very affordable. 300.00 per unit does not really affect my savings and since I was only given 6 units and I only spent 300 pesos every weekend with my expenses on transportation and food unlike in Manila where I spent almost 1k every week during review sessions.

2. Prepare to have long queue during enrollment. (If you will be in a state University)
I finish my enrollment at 5 hours because I need to fall in line to the registrars office twice. I really don't know automatic na ba pag sa stateU mahaba yung pila? (Ehem I am asking po) well maybe this the way of saying welcome to a state university. If you will only be falling in line once every semester why not wait? Just use the waiting time to catch up with your colleague.

3. Prepare the word CONNECTED in the first day of class.
"Good Moring, I am Mr. Jomar Andrew Guzman, from Mexico Pampanga and I graduated Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Biological Science at Holy Angel University and I am currently CONNECTED with Celtech College in San Fernando Pampanga"

Ewan ko ba kung bakit ang hilig nila sa word na CONNECTED kung pwede namang Associated, Hired or Teaching ang gamiting term. I am currently teaching sana ang sasabihin ko sa introduce your self kaso puro sila connected might as well gamitin na nga din tong word na connected.

4. Look for your Masters Buddy. Enroll with your co-majors.
One thing that really affect me in this semester is, I am alone every Saturday. I was supposed to be with someone however she choose to enroll on the next semester. I don't have someone to talk to I am alone and Independent. I don't have someone to share a lunch. ----- I am on my own. Haha

5. Masters of arts in Education major in Reporting.
I am now really confused kung anong major talaga ako. Kung Biological Science ba o Reporting. E simula kase nung first day in my 2 subjects that I enroll puro reporting kame (Hey it's grad school). Ang dahilan daw ng mga proff e, because you're teachers kuno. I don't have a problem in reporting. I much learn more if I will be the presenter what I just want to emphasize is, we need your experiences. I hope if they will do reporting prof and instructors will do alternate. Hindi po yung after a topic you will distribute another report. Well welcome to Graduate School.

6. Because RESEARCH WRITING will only happen in months.
If you finish the bachelor's degree thesis in 2 semester, e sa graduate school pala kaya siya ng 2 months lang. Imagine we will about to pass the Chapter 2 of our research(individual), I am not really sure if it happens to everyone pero in my research class, nagpapass kami every week ng 1 chapter. NKKLK ang bilis ng mga pangyayari sa research class ko. Ginawa lang nilang define the following terms ang Chapter 1 at Chapter 2.

7. Graduate School Starter Pack.
LAPTOP- Use for reporting (every month ata may kailangan ka i-report)
CELLPHONE WITH ENOUGH MEMORY AND GOOD QUALITY CAMERA. - Kailangan talaga ganyan siya. You will use this one during discussion of others or your prof. Syempre you need to consider that kaya niyang mag ZOOM!
USB- Para sa mga mababait na reporter na nagbibigay ng presentation.
YELLOW PAD- One common mistake of others is, wala silang dalang yellow pad. Kailangan pala ito sa Graduate School.

8. . . . . 

9. . . . .

10. . . . 

Updating. . . 

Wala munang 8. 9. 10. I believe I am still on process. I will update this entry once I already know what to say. Pero sa ilang months ko sa graduate school e ganyan yung mga naexperience ko.

One advice that  I want to give is, #ThinkBeforeYouEnroll pag andito ka na, hnd ka na makakalabas. Mahirap daw pag nagstop and you will do refresher. #Think because you need to invest Time, Money and Effort. Kung sa mga panahon ngayon e busy ka na at wala ka nang mahanap na ibang time, Do not enroll. If your salary is just enough with your lifestyle, do not enroll. Tho every saturday lang ang MA, magastos pa rin siya. Kung wala pa sa puso mo ang gumawa ng thesis ulit, Do not enroll. Prepare for research. and other stuffs. Panindigan mo yung school na inenroll mo.

Gusto ko sabihin na i-enjoy niyo lang pero during difficult times napapaisip ako kung tama ba yung decision ko na mag enroll. Haha.

2 komento: